As I wasn't making it for me, I let my model choose which view she would like and she chose view B. My model was two different sizes so I used a 16 for the bodice and a 20 for the midriff. The fabric is a red, polycotton gingham and the size of the checks are 24mm which I bought from Fabricland.
The bodice was tight in the end but I'm not sure if that was because of the way I finished it off or if I should have cut the bodice in size 14 but with a full bust adjustment. It did gape at the side of chest a little but that was sorted by pulling the ties further around.
Because I used two sizes, there was a lot of pull in the fabric when the bodice and midriff were joined together. To counteract this I changed how the pieces joined together around the back. Here you can see how the back was meant to look and what it looked like in the end.
1) I need to learn how to do pattern alterations
2) It's much easier to work through issues and check fit when you have a model on hand.
3) Pattern matching is difficult!