Monday, 4 December 2017

New Blog

Alright guys, the new blog is up and raring to go. Who knew you can put off taking a picture for so long and then not end up using it :P If you want to stay up to date with my crafting madness or lack of head on over to Emmy Stitches.

Thank you to all of those who have spent the time reading my ramblings and the time to comment. It means a lot to me!

Thursday, 19 October 2017

Christmas in August 2017

Sarah and I kept to the Christmas theme for this year's exchange (we'll probably stick with it next year as well).

Sarah used some of the items that I sent her in past exchanges to come up with this gorgeous flat ornament.
Not only did Sarah send this lovely chart by Little House Needleworks, she also partially kitted it up for me! 
There's whisper thread in that bag of threads. I've always wanted to try it and now I can. Now to find patterns I can use it on. 
I've just realised some items missing from these photos - a pair of snowman earrings, a packet of coffee which the other half nabbed straight away to try) and a camel decoration that has settled nicely in my hallway. 

I stitched this for Sarah, it's Mosey 'n Me by Ewe-le Tide Greetings and was featured in Just Cross Stitch's 2013 Ornament edition.
Thank you again Sarah! I absolutely love it all. 

Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Another Mini NCW!

As our trip to Portugal was drawing near, I knew I wanted to make a mini NCW to keep my travel money in. I'm not obsessed with them...honest!
I had some leftovers from the skirt I made and was so in love with the print, that I knew I needed to make something else with it. 
Excuse the battered look, this was after it had been thrown around and had towels and sunscreen squashed on top of it. 

I haven't gotten the hang of the zipper pouch and card slots on the mini, it just doesn't seem to fit as well as on the regular sized one but I'm sure there will be more chances to practice.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Saturday, 15 July 2017

Checking in

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been AWOL recently but I've been a busy bee! When we last spoke, the exams were looming but they're over and done with. I graduated at the end of June, the ceremony was held in Durham Cathedral :D I'm very proud of the result I got and I'm now at the point of looking for a job.
Excuse all of the vans in that picture but this was taken when they were shooting scenes for the next avengers. Chris Hemsworth was there but the only time I could get up to the cathedral was a day off for the cast :(

We decided to use that bit of interim between graduating and the point of needing to look for jobs to go see family in Portugal.
I have been working on some crafting behind the scenes but they will come in later posts. The blog turns 5 next month so I'm now planning things to do to celebrate but at the moment I have 0 ideas other than a giveaway of some sorts. There will be one big change coming up, the blog will be moving away from blogger and will get a make-over.

Have a good weekend!

Saturday, 20 May 2017

Gamer Pillow and some new stash

Just a quick, short post from me as revision is in full swing. I'm pleased to say that I am halfway with the front of gamer pillow, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

I recently came across the Persian Tiles blanket pattern and thought it looked good so bought the kit for the alternative colour way as well as picking up some shades of red and peach for a red version. 
I'm glad it wasn't the regular postman that delivered the package as it was big and heavy - I couldn't imagine having to carry that around on top of other post. I have just received my order of swedish tracing paper so I'm looking forward to testing that out on some patterns that I bought last month.

Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Top 5 Tuesdays - Stitchy Sites

1. Charting Creations - a Canadian company that does her own charting as well as selling charts/kits from soda stitch, mill hill and dimensions.

2. The Cross Stitch Cottage - cheap threads and carries some of the international designs that I think are difficult to find here. An added bonus is that Rebecca is local to me.

3. Colour Cascade Fabrics - based in Australia but their hand dyed fabrics come in the most gorgeous colours. That reminds me that I need another piece of "My Island Home" for a Mirabilia chart I bought.

4. Crafty Kitten - a UK seller of hand dyed fabric and speciality threads.

5. Chatelaine - I have two of Martina's designs (Serengeti and Polar mandala) but haven't been able to kit them up yet. To be honest, I am intimidated by these.

Just in case, Katy meant communities then I did enjoy being on Cross Stitch Forum but I haven't been on as much as it it's very accessible by mobile.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Top 5 Tuesdays - Books on your must read list

1. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #4)

2. Four to Score by Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum #4)

3. 1920s Omnibus by Agatha Christie

4. Farewell to the East End by Jennifer Worth

5. Changeling by Philippa Gregory

It was hard to stick to just 5 but I manged...just!