Wednesday 5 February 2014

Lovely fabric

The other day I visited a local fabric shop and was pleasantly surprised at the range of lovely fabrics they had. I'll certainly visit again, here's what I bought:



I'm planning to use fabric below as the outer for Studio Cherie's Travel Duffle pattern which requires quilting but I'm unsure if I can quilt this fabric (the only label was the price tag but it has a bit of weight to it) and if so how do you think it should be done? I've never quilted before but I think just going around the postcards might be the best idea.


I've also completed a very small partial page finish on Tiny Treasures Kitten 2...wondering if I could shoe horn this into the crazy challenge as one of the goals was a HAED page.



4 comments:

  1. Great stitching progress! And those fabrics are lovely, can't wait to see what you do with them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was eager to get started on doing something with them yesterday until I realised they hadn't been washed *nightmare*. x

      Delete
  2. Nice fabric Emma! Could you maybe try quilting a little bit of the postcard fabric?To see if it works. I am not too sure about quilting as I have only done a little bit. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try, I've not actually done any quilting before! This will be...challenging. xox

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.