Thursday 27 April 2017

Gamer Pillow

Honestly, I'm not purposely trying to increase my WIPs (cross my heart...). I had tried to start the Hygge CAL but my counting constantly seemed to be off when it came to the foundation chain and the first row. The problem is that yarn is so difficult to unpick so I noticed that another pattern I had worked the foundation chain and round 1 in the same way but the yarn was just plain acrylic. That is my story of how another WIP got added to the never ending pile. So how about some photos?

This is how the Gamer Pillow is meant to look
© CraftyRidge https://craftyridge.com
I'm up to here

This is a first in a lot of crochet aspects for me - the first time I've done bobble stitches and the first time I will have done c2c (corner to corner) and the first time that I've done so many colour changes! I'm not counting Mike's eye in this as this is a lot more difficult as you have to try and keep the tension so that the bobble stitches lay right. 
I'm thoroughly enjoying it and it's difficult to put down.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't crocheted in over 30 years, but I do have some gamers in the house that would love a pillow like that. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! This looks impossibly difficult to me, so I'm very impressed. Keep at it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and all comments are appreciated.